Lodge at Grant's Trail | Josie marries Dan
Over labor day weekend I packed up my gear and headed up to St. Louis.
As I'm sure anyone who follows me on social media knows (because I didn't shut up about it) I had the honor of being a bridesmaid and photographer to one of my favorite people on the face of this planet. Giuseppina is a Sicilian spitfire that has always been a force to be reckoned with. Oftentimes, I'll have my brides fill out a questionnaire, and I'll still share some of her wisdom, but I think everyone should get to know the person I've gotten to know for the past 8 years. She was my first friend in college. Literally. She was across the hall from me and she bumped her rug into my door and overheard me telling my grandpa how much I wanted to be her friend. (She still has a big ego about that)
Here are a few of my favorite things about Josie.
- Literally she's the most giving person on the planet. She spent all of her wedding planning making sure that everyone else was taken care of. She was the most agreeable bride I've ever met and I've had some pretty fantastic brides.
- Throughout this entire process she focused on making sure that her husband was coming first. A lot of people get caught up in making their day all about them, but Josie had a private(ish) first look with Dan so that they could be emotional alone. They read their vows to each other in private. She took his (and everyone else's) needs into account just like she has for the long time I've known her.
- She has theorized a tunnel between her house and my other best friend's house (because they are neighbors) so that I can come live with them because the best friend withdrawal when there's almost 4 hours between you can get really, really real.
- She takes everything in stride. She's got such a positive attitude and even between all of her losses, setbacks, etc. She's never been someone who has thrown in the towel. Which coming from a person who quits very easily and then comes back months later.... It's admirable as heck.
- She made college tolerable for me. College was a tough time for me but it's insanely hard to be grumpy when Josie is there for you with food, snacks, and impromptu cuddle sessions. She's a great cook, she's always on the move and she has a knack for making you feel special.
I would also like to point out that I did not cry during the wedding but I honestly just teared up typing all the ways my best friend has made this world better just by being in it.
Also, since I spent all my space gushing, I'll wrap this up with some advice from this humble as heck bride: "If it stresses you out, just don't do it."